Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Digital LA - RealTech Start-up Showcase 2
Tuesday, April 3, 2012 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (PDT)
Santa Monica, CA
We printed out the guest list as of 1:45p today. You can still register up until 9p, just show your confirmation email on your phone at the door, or print it out.
You'll feel good discovering the social good / green startups at our second Digital LA - RealTech Startup Showcase, featuring startups from three of LA's incubators: StartEngine, Amplify, and Launchpad.
- Keynote by Paige Craig, investor and CEO of employee perks BetterWorks
- Presentations by five startups with a good/green for Earth Day theme: ParkMe, Organic Authority, Vloggo, and OneGoodLove, plus the fifth audience choice
- Booths by BetterWorks, That's Suspicious Behavior, thrdPlace, Invested.In and Recycled Bride
- Announcing the Goody Awards tweet-recognizing social good
- 7-8: Check-in and Networking. Check out booths by BetterWorks, That's Suspicous Behvaior, thrdPlace, Invested.In and Recycled Bride
- 8-8:05p: Announcing the Goody Awards
- 8:05-9:15p: Start-up Showcase: 5 Presentations (10 min each)
- 9-9:30p: Keynote by Paige Craig, investor and CEO of BetterWorks
- 9:30-10p: More networking
- ParkMe, Sam Friedman, CEO. The ParkMe apps shows users the best place to park based on price and proximity, including real-time availability info. 30% of urban congestion is caused by people looking for parking. ParkMe curbs parking stress, pollution, and congestion by helping people park with the click of a button. @theParkMeApp @samegfriedman
- Organic Authority, Laura Klein, Publisher. Organic Authority, the leading organic food recipe site and blog that uses social media to promote articles such as Jamie Oliver's food app or Martha Stewart's vegan day @OrganicAuthorit
- Vloggo, Luke Wojnowski, CEO, Co-Founder. Vloggo is a social video platform that allows you to share, communicate, and interact with others by using short video clips (aka vlogs). A vlog can be a maximum of 60 seconds in length and can be shared via the iPhone app, webcam integration, or upload. @vloggo
- OneGoodLove.com, Frank Mastronuzzi, Chief Love Officer and Founder. OneGoodLove.com, a gay lesbian long-term relationship dating site, with more than 60,000 registered users, and partnerships with Instinct Magazine and Tom Whitman Presents. Formerly at Match.com, Sr Director of Business Development @OneGoodLove
The Fifth "Audience Choice" Start-Up will be determined live at the event based on you the audience! At the beginning of the presentations, we will have 5 minutes for 10-15 people from the audience to make a 30-second elevator pitch. The audience will tweet-vote via @DigitalLA #RealTech and the name of the startup. The company with the most tweet-votes will get to present last! Fun and interactive!
- Kevin Winston, Digital LA @DigitalLA @kevinwinston
- Jason Crilly, PageWoo @pagewoo
BetterWorks is an employee recognition and rewards platform that engages and motivates your employees with local discounts they love. BetterWorks brings low-cost deals, discounts and savings to small and medium-size businesses, offering yoga, pilates, discounts, classes, and many more. @BetterWorks
That's Suspicious Behavior, an iPhone app that helps neighbors create a virtual Community Watch via real-time crowd-source reporting and maps showing aggressive begging, vandal, creepy person, fight, possible theft, etc. TSB received multiple awards at Jason Calacanis' LAUNCH investor conference. @SuspicousB
thrdPlace crowdsources community development and service, enabling everyone to take part in building their community by creating project-based campaigns to seek funds, volunteer time, and supplies. @thrdPlace
Invested.in's social fundraising platform makes it easy fo you to create a completely customizable and interactive fundraising campaign. Invested.in offers licensing and partnership deals to entrepreneurs, media companies and businesses that would like their own customized “crowdfunding” platform. @investedin
Recycled Bride is a free marketplace for eco-savvy brides and their friends to buy and sell new and once-worn wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses and discounted recycled wedding designer wedding items. Its blog provide ideas for eco-chic budget-friendly weddings. Donates 15% of advertising revenue to Global Green USA. @RecycledBride
You can still buy a booth for $250 to promote your start-up or company service. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with BOOTH as subject
The Goody Awards recently launched at SXSW to allow individuals to recognize anyone doing good through Social Good Shout Outs via Twitter using #GoodyAwards and your WHY. Anyone can tweet 3 types of Goody Awards (#GoodDeedGoody, #HeroGoody, #TeamGoody) now. There will bemonthly campaigns tied to social good, and an Annual Awards Show with nominations and voting for special awards. @GoodyAwards. Contact: @lizhkelly
Arrive in Style via Uber town car! Download the Uber app and use discount code DigitalLA30 for $30 credit on your ride (new users only).
CALL FOR SPONSORS: email email@example.com with STARTUP as the subject
Our first RealTech Showcase with an entertainment theme is summarized here http://digitalla.net/rt1.htm